JetBrains Releases YouTrack 1.0 Beta - New Bug and Issue Tracker
Productivity experts expand into issue tracking with a fast, innovative, and easy-to-use web-based solution
Prague, Czech Republic, September 2, 2009 — JetBrains, creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing development tools, today announced the release of YouTrack 1.0 Beta, the company's brand new bug and issue tracking system.
JetBrains drew inspiration from the fact that working with issue-tracking tools generally consumes so much of developers' time. The company designed its own web-based, keyboard-centric issue tracker to help themselves and other development teams process bugs and requests faster and easier than ever before.
"As developers and users of our own products, we'd grown unhappy with how long it took to report and process bugs with existing issue-tracking systems," said Vadim Gurov, YouTrack Team Lead. "We set out to change that, and ended up with a fast, intuitive tool that's friendly to both developers and casual bug reporters. YouTrack packs the majority of its issue-handling functionality in just two controls - a search box and a command window. It really couldn't be any simpler!"
YouTrack offers the following key features:
- Bug reporting with a single shortcut from anywhere within the product.
- Query-based search with auto-completion and highlighting.
- Intuitive commands to quickly execute batch operations on selected issues.
- Natural-language-like query and command syntax.
- Extensive keyboard support for creating, editing, and navigating between issues easily.
- AJAX-based user interface for extremely fast issue handling.
YouTrack is the first mature product developed using JetBrains Meta Programming System (MPS). Moreover, JetBrains has been successfully using YouTrack with its own development projects, resulting in significant time savings and enhanced user enthusiasm.
Read more about YouTrack 1.0 Beta at
and download it today at
YouTrack 1.0 public release is scheduled by the end of 2009.