The Solution Edition offerings are affordable complete stack solutions which include IBM System z hardware, IBM middleware products and maintenance programs for new business functions, such as:
* Data warehousing: With the System z Solution Edition for Data Warehousing, customers can deploy new business intelligence applications on System z while helping to avoid the lengthy delays which can be common to acquiring and integrating distributed servers.
* Application development: The System z Solutions Edition for Application Development can help make mainframe deployment of new workloads affordable, simple and accessible to application developers while at the same time facilitating a development environment that is consistent with distributed platforms.
* Disaster recovery: The System z Solutions Edition for GDPS (Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex) offers attractive prices on a range of some of the most popular continuous availability and disaster recovery configurations.
* Security: The System z Solution Edition for Enterprise Security can help customers to minimize online security threats for business compliance, centralized enterprise identity and access management, encryption and key management, and fraud analysis.
* Electronic payments: The System z Solution Edition for ACI offers benefits to help customers that run applications from ACI Worldwide, an international provider of software for electronic payment systems. ACI's strategic retail and fraud payments applications are optimized for System z.
* SOA: The System z Solution Edition for WebSphere combines System z technology with IBM's industry-leading WebSphere Application Server for a foundation to build, reuse, run, integrate and manage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) applications and services.