Sensitization campaign: Do It Intelligently (Licesing, README,...)
Hi to all the community:
I want to make everybody aware of the fact of uploading content
and provide a How-To upload with severals advices:
Important Rule 1: Add a README.
Important Rule 2: Add a license.
1. If you provide a sprite (an images contains more than one figure).
1. Add a README with the suppose coordinates for every figure.
Because if the sprite isn't regular ( I mean if the sprite doesn't use regular intervals. )
The programmer which will use your sprite will be in big troubles with the coordinates.
The best is to do regular sprites, even if you lose some place.
* And you can keep a rectangle for adding your signature.
2. IMPORTANT: add a free license for your work.
Because if someone use your sprite and release his work with your sprite inside
it's better that he can show a license,
else he can go into jail for usage of illegal content.
2. If you provide some images in an archive:
* Think at right numbering the images if they follow in a sequence.
3. If you do some ripping work on a game.
* Be aware of the fact to not do this with propretary content.
Else you can be pursued in justice.
Let the propretary people swim in their propretary $h|t.
If you have the right to do the work, add a LICENSE and a README like explain in
the points 1 and 2 from the section above.
If the work you are ripping provides a license think at read it to sea if you can
change modify the license or if you must provide the same.
You can use the concept of copyleft to add a license.
:note: I don't really know the world of sprites or imahge ripping.
:footer: Some free licenses link.